Thoughts on yesterday:
Doesn’t seem very different from day 1 but it really was. I’ll be wearing it a lot more, especially in the evenings, air conditioned rooms, and at the movies, where it’s cooler and the flannel will be more appropriate. The pockets are a HUGE help. I was able to carry my phone in one and my wallet in the other.
- Shoes: Demonia, thrifted
- Shirt, black necklace: Heavy Red
- Ankh: Killstar
I tried really hard to find a good shirt to wear under this. Unfortunately, this long sleeve one was the best one that fit my preferred look. I had to dig it out of my cooler weather box but I think it was worth it. Like yesterday’s outfit, this one is best for air conditioned rooms, cool evening walks, and the movies.
I need to figure out what to do about sucks. Some footie socks would be the best. Barefoot wasn’t as horrible as I thought it would be though.
Thoughts about this Challenge:
I’ll start by explaining my usual wardrobe setup: I have one outfit crammed on one hanger each. I did little to no switching, mixing, and matching. This was to make it easier to just grab something to wear. Of course, this meant having many individual pieces, but it was worth it for peace of mind.
So then I come along and really force myself to mix ‘n match. It was fun because of the challenge of it but I don’t know if it’s something I want to keep up. I’m thinking about trying to prepare the next day’s outfit every night before bed so maybe if I go about it that way I’ll be just as happy as if I do my One Hanger, One Outfit plan.
Scoreboard of Used items:
- Shirts: 3
- Shorts: 1
- Coverups: 1
- Socks used: 1
- Shoes used: 4
- Hose used: 2
- Accessories used: 8
So I used 20 items total. I am not counting the tube top or the floral print shorts because those are pretty much “underwear” with this dress.
I could ditch some things but at that point, I lose interesting things that show my personality. If I wanted to go on a trip and pack light I could go down to 2 pairs of shoes (probably the flats and holo boots).
Things I learned:
- It’s easier to do than I thought
- Accessories are more important than I realized
- I have a lot of clothes that aren’t as comfortable as I thought
- I learned how to spot basic layer pieces
- How IMPORTANT basic layer pieces are
- Not quite as terrible having limited choices as I thought
- A little hair/makeup is more important than I care to think about
- This challenge is good for learning what you can get rid of and making you think more minimally
- Handwashing isn’t painful
Things I dumped because of this challenge:
- 4 other black dresses, with varying degrees of basicness
- Sort of indirectly: But I have a pair of Demonia boots I may get rid of
Things I want because of this challenge:
- Another slip dress, but different color to provide more styling choices/expression, and reduce washing and wear
- Galaxy print socks or leggings to wear with the Galaxy outfit
- A better pair of boots to replace the Demonias if I do (they’ll go with more outfits I think)
- I really want to do more with my hair/makeup but I’m soooo lazy and bad at it
Soooo I think that’s it!
What did you think of this challenge? Would you/have you done it? Tell me about it!
What challenge should I do next? I’m thinking a skirt or shirt!